Celebrating Two Years of Official SAT Practice
Celebrating Two Years of Official SAT PracticeCrystal Barrick, Assistant Director, Communications
Since the launch of Official SAT Practice on this day two years ago, millions of students have logged on to Khan Academy and used the free, personalized learning tools to achieve their goals. Every day, we’re humbled by their hard work and determination; today, we give a special shout-out to a few we've met:
- Autumn, a senior at a small, rural high school, whose favorite feature on Khan Academy is the videos. Her SAT score was 200 points higher than her PSAT/NMSQT score after using Official SAT Practice.
- Azulaye, a cheerleader, who says, "Performing and taking a test is all the same. I pratice and practice and practice it, and if I still dont feel as if I've got it, I practice more. I feel like there's no reason to go if you're not going to give it your all."
- Cameron, a musician who likens practicing for the SAT to practicing for a concert. "You can never be too prepared for something," he says.
- D’Andre, a football quarterback, whose SAT score was 260 points higher than his PSAT/NMSQT score after using Official SAT Practice; he boosted his score an additional 100 points after taking the SAT a second time.
- Diana, who says joining the ROTC and using Official SAT Practice gave her the confidence she needed to succeed, inside and outside the classroom. She increased her SAT score by 130 points.
- Gillian, a photographer and yearbook staffer, and Ian, a drummer, who want their fellow students to know practicing something over and over again is essential. "You're not going to get better in one sitting," says Gillian. "Some people come in talented, but that's not enough," adds Ian. "The more you do it, the more you'll get better at it."
- Matthew, Tatiana, and Valencia, who raised their SAT scores by 200, 250, and 470 points respectively. "Before [Official SAT Practice]," says Matthew, "I really just had little SAT books. But once I found out about Khan Academy, I used it as a sledgehammer to destroy that door in front of me that was blocking me from becoming what I could’ve been, which is where I’m at now. I’m actually where I want to be right now."
- Watch more student videos at satpractice.org/go.
- Find ways to bring Official SAT Practice to your classroom.
- See new data linking Official SAT Practice to substantial student score gains from the PSAT/NMSQT to the SAT.