College Board Launches Next-Generation ACCUPLACER Tests
College Board Launches Next-Generation ACCUPLACER TestsBy Ashleigh Goldberg, Associate Director, ACCUPLACER
The College Board’s next-generation ACCUPLACER placement tests are now available, with redesigned reading, writing, and math content. Next-generation ACCUPLACER placement tests are designed to more effectively help institutions place students in classes that match their skill level, and include texts and tasks encountered in first-year college courses. The new tests:
- Align to the same content domain continuum as the redesigned SAT Suite of Assessments
- Provide a greater range of content areas with more authentic tasks
- Focus more strongly on synthesis and vocabulary skills
- Support multiple math pathways
This initial launch includes the following five computer-adaptive placement tests as well as the associated paper and pencil version of each:
- Next-Generation Reading
- Next-Generation Writing
- Next-Generation Arithmetic
- Next-Generation Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics
- Next-Generation Advanced Algebra and Functions
We’ve also launched a new version of the free ACCUPLACER Study App to help students become more familiar with the tests’ format and practice with sample questions.
Please visit accuplacer.collegeboard.org for more information.