#Collegiance 2018: And The Winner Is…
#Collegiance 2018: And The Winner Is…Audena Ferry, Assistant Director, Direct Marketing
For the fourth year, the College Board held its annual #Collegiance contest, which encouraged students to celebrate their college decision with a creative Instagram post. Students who pledged their collegiance to their future college with a fun photo, Boomerang, or video were considered for a chance to win money for college.
Over the course of the campaign more than 3,700 submissions were shared on Instagram with the #Collegiance hashtag. From those submissions, the following winners were selected.
- Best Video (Grand Prize): Filip De Mott, James Madison University
- Runnerup Video: James Diep, California State University, Northridge
- Best Boomerang: Samantha Mohammed, Colby Sawyer College
- Best Photo: Alannah Tran, School of the Art Institute of Chicago
The winners were selected by a group of judges from Florida State University, Chapman University, and University of Texas at Austin who evaluated the top entries based on their aesthetic, creativity, engagement, candidness, originality, and wow factor.
In addition, this year the College Board hosted additional contests for high school seniors in Mississippi, Maine, Maryland, and South Carolina. The winners were:
- #CollegianceMS: Joseph Houston, Mississippi State
- #CollegianceME: Amanda O’Connor, Emerson College
- #CollegianceMD: Melissa Pena, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- #CollegianceSC: Destiny Nix, University of South Carolina Beaufort
Visit collegiance.org to view all of this year’s submissions, including the winners. Hats off to the Class of 2018!