#Collegiance Returns: Celebrating Students’ College Decisions
#Collegiance Returns: Celebrating Students’ College DecisionsAndrew Elwell, Director, Communications and Marketing
Every spring, thousands of students experience the thrill of being accepted to college. Now, many high school students in the class of 2018 are taking an important step on their journey to college: making a college decision. It’s a big achievement, so we want to take this moment to celebrate with them.
For the fourth year, the College Board is celebrating the hard work of these students with #Collegiance, a social media contest for students who pledge their #Collegiance to their future college or university on Instagram. We’re looking for creative and original videos, Boomerangs, and photos that show just how excited students are to take that next step.
WHEN: March 15-May 15, 2018
WHAT: #Collegiance is a national social media contest for students making their college decision. Students can share their college decision on Instagram for chance to win a $5,000 grand prize or one of nine other cash prizes.
- Instagram: Announce your college decision on Instagram in a video, Boomerang, or photo.
- #Tag: Enter to win by tagging your post with #Collegiance by May 15.
- Win: The 10 most creative entries win money for college, including $5,000 for the best video.
This year, we are also hosting four state #Collegiance contests with each state winner receiving $500. High school seniors in Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, and South Carolina can enter their state contests—in addition to the national contest—by using their respective hashtags:
- Maine: #CollegianceME
- Maryland: #CollegianceMD
- Mississippi: #CollegianceMS
- South Carolina: #CollegianceSC
You can celebrate #Collegiance with us. There are several ways to get involved:
- Celebrate your students’ #Collegiance announcement by sharing their videos on your school’s social media feeds (Don’t forget the hashtag!)
- Colleges: Encourage your incoming class of 2022 to pledge their #Collegiance to your school for a chance to win.
- High Schools: Post #Collegiance flyers around school and encourage students to share their college decision.
- Host a #Collegiance day.
- Set up a Wall of #Collegiance at your school so students can pledge.
- Share a Throwback Thursday picture wearing your own college gear with #Collegiance.
Help us spread the word! Share #Collegiance on social media to let students know about this opportunity to earn money for college. Check out the “For Educators” section on collegiance.org for more ways to share #Collegiance with your students and visit collegiance.org for more information. Be sure to follow the #Collegiance hashtag to join the conversation.