Drumroll Please: The Winners of #Collegiance 2017
Drumroll Please: The Winners of #Collegiance 2017By Andrew Elwell, Director, Communications & Marketing
For the third year, the College Board held its annual #Collegiance contest, which encouraged students to celebrate their college decision with a creative Instagram post. Students who pledged their collegiance to their future college with a fun photo, Boomerang, or video were considered for a chance to win money for college.
Over the course of the campaign more than 3,000 submissions were shared on Instagram with the #Collegiance hashtag. From the thousands of submissions, ten winners were selected.
- Best Video (Grand Prize): Henry Johnston, Emerson College
- Runner-up Video: Jordan Alexander, Cornell University
- Best Boomerang: Ashley Pabon, Dean College
- Best Photo: Jordan Blackman, United States Military Academy at West Point
The winners were selected by a group of judges who evaluated the top entries based on their aesthetic, creativity, engagement, candidness, originality, and wow factor. A special thank you to our judges from College Board member institutions:
- Erika Stone, Florida State University
- Kelly Kessler, DePaul University
- Madhavi Mallapragada, University of Texas at Austin
This year the College Board hosted an additional contest for high school seniors in Mississippi. More than 170 entries were received for the #CollegianceMS contest. Congratulations to Sarah Sandoz, who will be attending the University of Southern Mississippi.
Visit collegiance.org to view all of this year’s submissions, including the winners. Hats off to the Class of 2017!