And the Winners of the 2018 SAT® Practice Kickoff Week Challenge Are…
And the Winners of the 2018 SAT® Practice Kickoff Week Challenge Are…Kate Welk, Director of Communications at the College Board
Now in its second year, SAT Practice Kickoff Week is a global challenge to schools and districts to get students to link their College Board and Khan Academy accounts and access their personalized SAT study plan on Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy.
The response to this year’s challenge was overwhelming. During the week of the challenge (January 22-26), over 66,000 students linked accounts—more in one week since the launch of Official SAT Practice. Every student who connected their accounts receives SAT practice recommendations tailored to their needs that will make it easier for them to show their best work on the SAT and get ready for college.
Eight schools and districts have been named 2018 challenge winners, having the overall highest percentage of 2017 PSAT/NMSQT takers who linked College Board and Khan Academy accounts between October and January:
- Charlotte County Public Schools (Florida)
- Reavis Township High School District 220 (Illinois)
- Central School District 3 (Illinois)
- Gladstone Area Public Schools (Michigan)
- Kellenberg Memorial High School (New York)
- The Bay School of San Francisco (California)
- International School of Tanganyika (Tanzania)
- Saint Paul’s School (United Kingdom)
Seven additional schools and districts have been recognized as challenge MVPs, having the overall highest increase in students who linked accounts the week of the challenge:
- Los Fresnos Consolidated Independent School District (Texas)
- Rensselaer Central School Corporation (Indiana)
- Tuscola Community Unit School District 301 (Illinois)
- Brophy College Preparatory (Arizona)
- Erie First Christian Academy (Pennsylvania)
- The American School of Tampico (Mexico)
- Instituto Thomas Jefferson: Guadalajara Campus (Mexico)
Congratulations to all the winners and MVPs! Thank you for your commitment to building equity and increasing access to opportunities for your students.