#Collegiance Returns 2019: Celebrating Students’ College Decisions
#Collegiance Returns 2019: Celebrating Students’ College DecisionsCollege Board Communications
Every spring, thousands of students experience the thrill of being accepted to college. Now, many high school students in the class of 2019 are taking an important step on their journey to college: making a college decision. It’s a big achievement, so we want to take this moment to celebrate with them.
For the fifth year, the College Board is celebrating the hard work of these students with , a social media video contest for students who pledge their #Collegiance to their future college or university on Instagram. We’re looking for creative and original videosthat show just how excited students are to take that next step.
WHEN: March 15 - May 15, 2019
WHAT: is a national social media video contest for students making their college decision. Students can share their college decision on Instagram for chance to win a $6,000 grand prize or one of nine other cash prizes.
- Upload: Announce your college decision in a creative video—less than 60 seconds—on Instagram
- Submit: Enter to win by tagging your post with #Collegiance and #CollegeBoardContest by May 15.
- Win: The 10 most creative entries win money for college, including $6,000 for the best video.
You can celebrate #Collegiance with us. There are several ways to get involved:
- Celebrate your students’ #Collegiance announcement by sharing their videos on your school’s social media feeds (Don’t forget the hashtags!)
- Colleges: Encourage your incoming class of 2023 to pledge their #Collegiance to your school for a chance to win.
- High Schools: on our site and post #Collegiance flyers, pledge cards, and banners around school to encourage students to share their college decision.
- Share a Throwback Thursday (#TBT) picture wearing your own college gear with #Collegiance.
Help us spread the word!
- Share #Collegiance on social media to let students know about this opportunity to earn money for college
- Check out the “” section on for more ways to share #Collegiance with your students and visit collegiance.org for more information
- Be sure to follow the and hashtags to join the conversation.