Supporting Parents on the Journey to College
Supporting Parents on the Journey to CollegeAdele Hazan, Senior Director, Communications
The College Board is hosting a monthly webinar series to help parents support their children during the college planning process. Topics include preparing for the SAT test, learning about AP courses, applying for financial aid, and more. Each webinar will feature leaders from the College Board, our membership, and our partner organizations.
We encourage you to share registration information with your local PTA, parents in your network, and beyond.
Here’s a look at what’s coming up:
Introduction to Advanced Placement
Tuesday, August 23, 7-8:00 p.m. ET
- Edward Biedermann, Executive Director, AP Outreach, College Board
- Gail Kaplan, Professor of Mathematics, Towson University
- Kelly Stromberg, AP Capstone Teacher, North Central High School
Getting Ready for the SAT
Wednesday, August 31, 7-8:00 p.m. ET
- Aaron Lemon-Strauss, Executive Director, SAT Student Success, College Board
- Elizabeth Slavitt, Vice President of Strategy and Operations, Khan Academy
- Patty Peek, Director of Admission, Fordham University
College Applications 101
Wednesday, October 12, 7-8:00 p.m. ET
- Steve Colon, Vice President, Access to Opportunity, College Board
- Nicole Hurd, Founder and CEO, College Advising Corps
- Brandi Smith, Assistant Dean of Admissions, Emory University
Registration link coming soon.