Summary of Answers and Skills
The Summary of Answers and Skills (SOAS) provides schools or districts with a snapshot of their students’ performance on each PSAT/NMSQT test question. Educators can download their SOAS report by the end of January and share it with administrators and faculty at their school.
The following data is provided for each grade level that included at least 10 test-takers:
- Overall performance data: Information about participation, scores, and the percentage of students on track to be college ready.
- Skill analysis: Insight into student performance on the skills measured by each section of the PSAT/NMSQT, giving a complete picture of relative strengths and weaknesses.
- Question analysis: Information about performance on each question, helping educators pinpoint specific problems their students had when they took the test.
- Comparable group analysis: Comparisons that help schools identify skill areas where students performed below the expected level for their score profile.
The Benefits of SOAS
SOAS can help schools improve students’ skills by analyzing group strengths and weaknesses. Use SOAS to:
- See how students performed against comparable national and state groups on identical test items.
- Identify skills in need of attention.
- Link classroom activities to the skills the PSAT/NMSQT measures.
- Foster discussion among faculty on implementing additional means to develop student skills and improve performance.