Reading and Seeing Accommodations: Documentation
To request reading and seeing accommodations, provide the following documentation:
- Documentation of the student’s disability. See the specific documentation guidelines for the student’s disability, such as Visual Impairments or Learning Disorders.
- Documentation of problems with reading or seeing.
- Rationale and documentation of the need for more than one reading/seeing accommodation, if applicable.
Are Reading and Seeing Accommodations the Right Choice?
New for 2015-16
Begining with the October PSAT/NMSQT and March SAT, two new test formats will be available for students with disabilities that impact reading or seeing:
- MP3 audio test format: Audio version of test, delivered on a flash drive. Allows student with reading or visual impairments to listen to the test. Get practice tests by downloading redesigned SAT MP3 files or PSAT 10 MP3 files.
- Assistive technology-compatible test format: Digital test form, delivered on a flash drive, for use with screen readers and other assistive technology. Practice with assistive technology: Get redesigned SAT practice tests in optimized Microsoft Word documents or PSAT 10 practice tests in optimized Microsoft Word documents.
Please note that the cassette test form will no longer be available once the new formats are instituted. Students who are currently approved for cassette will be provided an MP3 audio test form, unless a different accomodation is requested.