Providing Free, Focused Practice
In partnership with Khan Academy, the College Board is offering personalized, free practice resources for all students, beginning in May 2015.
Our collaboration offers students and educators:
- Personalized online practice that complements classroom instruction.
- An unprecedented view into the design of the SAT.
- Free access — anytime, anywhere.
In advance of the Khan Academy program launch, practice questions for the redesigned SAT and PSAT/NMSQT are now available.
Personalized Study Plans
The College Board and Khan Academy will provide students with a unique SAT study plan based on their performance on the PSAT/NMSQT®, PSAT™ 10, or SAT.
This adaptive practice experience will be tailored to each student’s strengths and weaknesses, using official test materials and supported by Khan Academy resources.
Available resources will include:
- Khan Academy instructional modules to address student knowledge gaps.
- Thousands of practice problems across the exams, reviewed and approved by the College Board.
- Four official SAT Practice Tests written by the College Board.
- Online practice exam scoring.
Tied to Classroom Learning
The best preparation for the SAT program of assessments is classroom learning. Working hard and engaging in challenging course work helps students build the knowledge they need to be successful on the tests and, in turn, ready for college and career training programs.
The Khan Academy practice program links to classroom learning and will guide students to:
- Focus on the knowledge and skills necessary for college and career readiness.
- Review any knowledge gaps demonstrated in their PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10, or SAT performance.
- Practice within the most appropriate content areas.
- Build familiarity with the SAT format, question styles, and testing experience.
Developed with the Test Makers
The Khan Academy practice program is the only one of its kind developed in collaboration with the writers and developers of the SAT — it’s the best available and it’s free!
About Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a non-profit with a mission of providing a free world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Khan Academy provides free online educational experiences that support personalized education for users of all ages in a scalable way.
Launching in May 2015
Students will be able to access the new Khan Academy practice program starting in May 2015. Students taking the PSAT/NMSQT in October 2015 and the redesigned SAT in March 2016 will be able to receive their personalized practice plans after scores are released.
The following resources will also be available to help students prepare:
- The Official SAT Study Guide
- Mobile app for daily question practice
- Getting Ready guides shipped to schools
- Full SAT and PSAT/NMSQT practice tests